Home Insurance -

Item Name

What is Home insurance?

How much building cover do I need?

What are high risk items?

When looking for a home contents policy you will be asked to list the high risk items in your home. This helps the insurance company decide how much of a risk it would be to offer you insurance. It also helps them set the level of your premium – the higher the risk, the higher the premium.

Some insurance policies cover high risk items as standard, you will usually find a list of them in your policy document.

Most companies will insure any single item up to the value of £1500. If you have anything of this value you’ll need to specify this when you take out your cover. Anything of a higher value might need additional cover.

Example of high risk items:

  • antiques
  • articles of gold, silver or other precious metals
  • audio equipment
  • camping equipment
  • compact discs
  • computer equipment
  • credit, debit, charge, cheque or cash cards
  • curios
  • digital versatile/video discs
  • DVD players/recorders
  • furs
  • guns and firearms
  • jewellery
  • mobile phones
  • money
  • pedal cycles
  • paintings
  • photographic equipment
  • portable electronic games
  • portable musical instruments
  • portable sports equipment
  • stamp, coin and medal collections
  • televisions
  • video and audio equipment
  • watches.
  • High risk items do not include:
  • household goods
  • any domestic appliance which is part of fitted units
  • interior decorations
  • living creatures
  • motor vehicles, caravans, trailers, boats, canoes, windsurf boards, surfboards, sailboards, personal watercraft, hovercraft, aircraft, gliders and any parts and accessories which are designed to be used with any of these
  • property owned or used totally or partly for business purposes or connected with any employment (but not property defined as office equipment)
  • data, information or computer programs which have been created by, or specifically for members of your household
  • property more specifically insured by this or any other policy.

Protecting Your home.

We can cover:

  • Owner Occupier
  • Home Buildings & Contents Insurance
  • Home insurance – Standard Cover or with Accidental Damage
  • House contents insurance with the option of personal   belongings coverBuildings cover available, with or without contents
  • Discounts for No Claims
  • Flexible cover to match your needs
  • Monthly payment option
  • Garden cover available
  • Legal Expenses cover   – available with our home insurance policy
  • Legal Liability to public to £2,000,000
  • Alternative accommodation
  • Accidental Damage Cover (Optional)