Professions that might need professional indemnity insurance include (but are not limited to):
- Management and business consultants such as marketing consultants, training consultants and education consultants
- IT professionals including IT contractors, consultants, programmers and developers
- Recruitment agencies and recruitment consultants
- Designers such as web designers, graphic designers and interior designers
- Fitness professionals including personal trainers, dance teachers and yoga instructors
- Teachers and tutors including private tutors, life skills coaches.
We are able to obtain quotes for various types of PI Cover for most professions
Example of a claim:
A graphic designer was briefed by their client to provide price tags that would fit round the stem of Christmas trees. The tags would need to withstand exposure to the elements and stay fitted to the tree while it grew. The tags did not survive the test of time; the ink ran, rendering them useless to the client. The client lost money due to this oversight and took legal action against the graphic designer for professional negligence. The graphic designer’s professional indemnity insurance policy covered their legal costs and compensation payments to the client, a total cost of over £3,000. The client didn’t pursue their claim for the full cost of the labels; if they had, the claim could have cost as much as £100,000.
Do I need professional indemnity insurance?
Many professions need to have professional indemnity insurance as part of their respective industry body’s regulatory requirements. Even if you are not obliged to have PI insurance, without it, you could be liable for thousands of pounds worth of legal fees and compensation payments – not to mention lost income from the time spent defending any allegation.
Packages tailored to your individual needs a Cover Available over the phone
Payment Plan (subject to status, deposit required*)
* Terms and Conditions apply.