Public liability insurance – what does it cover?
- Public and product liability insurance covers your legal costs in defending a claim, and any compensation or costs that may subsequently be awarded, following:
- Injury you cause to a third party during your business activities
- Damage you cause to third party property
- Personal injury or damage to property arising from any product you have supplied
What limit of public liability insurance should I choose?
Some customers will require you to have a certain amount of public liability insurance cover before entering into a contract with you. You may want to check if this is the case when choosing your limit. Limits range from £1m, £2m and £5m, with the option to increase to £10m with an excess layer policy.
We offer various types of Liability Cover for most professions including those listed below:
- Tradesman including Roofers, Scaffolders and lift engineers.
- Restaurants, including cafés and high risk eateries, such as fast food takeaways.
- Events, Exhibitions & Leisure Activities.
- Employment & Recruitment Agencies.
- Offices, including taxi offices, travel agents, and estate agents.
- Business Services, including Secretarial.
- Hairdressers and beauticians (including treatment risks).
- Retail Stores – Guest Houses and Hotels.
A Packages tailored to your individual needs a Cover Available over the phone a Option to add Public & Employers Liability a Discounts for No Claims
- Option to add Contractors All Risk Cover (subject to an additional premium)
- Option to Add Tools Cover (at an additional premium)
- Payment Plan (subject to status, deposit required – terms & conditions available on request)